About The Academy
The Jari Jari Spa Training Academy was founded in January 2012 of where the program focusses on the education of Spa Therapy. An international accredited spa training establishment , Jari Jari Spa Training Academy upholds the commitment to excellence, maintaining a high standard of training that helps graduates develop successful and fulfilling careers in the spa industry.
Through the academy, our objectives aim to develop highly- trained spa therapists. Not only do we enable them with the knowledge and professional skillset, but we also educate our students about the importance of customer service and presenting services to guests according to their needs. Being a member of the Association of Malaysian Spas (AMSPA), our credentials include working closely with International Hotel groups to promote careers in the Spa and Wellness Industry through its industrial program (National Dual Training System).
Creating Job and Business Opportunities
In collaboration with Ministry of Sports and Youth Sabah, we’ve trained approximately 120 e-kasih candidates in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia Level 1 (SKM 1) in 2012. The goal of this program is to provide employment or business opportunities to Malaysia’s hardcore poor.
Through the grant provided, Jari Jari Training Academy was able to train low income group in massage therapy and help them attain jobs in Malaysia, which is an economic empowerment to help low income people. Single mothers and under privileged are particularly targeted for this training opportunity.
Most of our trainees are either working in reputable spas nationally and some has even chose to start their own mobile business in their village area. Most importantly, they are generating good income to support their family.
The Training Objectives:
- • To train trainees in vocational skills at Jari Jari Academy, hence enable them to earn a living which will give them a better future and increase in quality standard of living
- • To train single mother in business through vocational training as mobile business which they can start from home or do free lance. This will give them the flexibility of working time and enable them to manage their families and children consistently.
- • To train them to be exceptional customer focused and service skills and strong people skills.
- • To produce highly trained therapies not only endowed with knowledge and professionalism skills but also the attentiveness and enthusiasm to render services to the guests wholeheartedly and effectively.
Centre of Excellence
In Dec 2012, Jari Jari Spa Training Academy was appointed the first Centre of Excellence in East Malaysia by the Ministry Of Tourism Malaysia. Through this appointment, we are committed to train 100 of Sabah’s youth yearly in Spa Therapy Level 3. The goal of the Spa Therapist Training program is to develop spa therapy skills, offer the local community an interesting secure career and reduce Malaysia’s independence of foreign spa therapist. Spa industry is a booming industry and as such, it will also assist in furthering the growth and career opportunities within the tourism industry. It is targeted to provide 5,644 jobs by 2020. And because of this, we are also looking to provide new career opportunities in the tourism industry for all our students.
Within the current industry, we have approximately 60% of spa workers to be foreigners which proves that the prospect of careers in the spa industry is promising and is expected to grow at a faster than average rate. The career development of a spa therapist can progress from Junior Spa Therapist – Senior Spa Therapist – Spa Supervisor/ Trainer – Spa Director who earns between RM2500 – RM6000 a month. By 2020, spa therapists are likely to see an increase in various job opportunities in Malaysia.
Under the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia Spa Therapy Apprenticeship program, our 100 trainees were successfully placed between 3-5 star spas all around Malaysia. The sponsored Spa Therapy Apprenticeship program takes 12 months (3 months theory and 9 months practical training). The successful candidate will be placed in the spas between 3-5 stars for a duration of 2 years. Upon completion, spa therapist will be accredited with Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM Level 3) from the Department of Skills Development of the Ministry Of Human Resources.
Our graduates were placed at respective spas, namely:
- 1. YTL Resort & Spa in Pangkor Island & Gaya Resort & Spa Island, KotaKinabalu
- 2. Shangrila Tanjung Aru Resort – Chi Spa , Kota Kinabalu
- 3. Datai Langkawi Resort &Spa ,Langkawi
- 4. Andaman Resort & Spa, Langkawi
- 5. Hammam Spa Kuala Lumpur
- 6. Sompoton Spa Kuala Lumpur
- 7. Jojoba Spa Kuala Lumpur
- 8. Traders Hotel, Shangrila Hotel, Johor
- 9. Sri Manja Spa, Johor
- 10. South Sea Sanctuary, Kota Kinabalu
- 11. Ka’andaman Spa, Kota Kinabalu
- 12. Jari Jari Spa, Kota Kinabalu